Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oh, summer.

Have you ever woken up to find yourself in the most comfy blanket cocoon? That was this morning. That kind of phenomenon (do-dooo-dododo) must take hours of subconscious twisting and fluffing.

In the spirit of not-turning-on-the-TV-even-though-I-don't-have-anything-specific-to-do, I ate brunch, wrote down my dream (a practice I had last summer), read my Bible, listened to an Exit sermon while playing Tetris... then contemplated going outside long and hard. I think I still might. I love the everywhere's-a-park aspect of IWU, so I've had these urges to just walk the 15 or 20 minutes to the park.

Dad fried tilapia for dinner, so I made myself a little mango salsa out of mango (shocker), onion, lime juice, apricot jam, salt (kosher, just for Alton), and pepper.

I wandered around on a Christian Volunteer Directory that I found. I want to actively pursue servanthood, but I don't quite have a plug for that quite yet. I'm tutoring an elementary student currently -- his parents are contemplating putting him in a program where the classes move slower because he's behind, but I'm thinking about volunteering myself to work with him all summer so he'll be ready for 6th grade.

Tonight will be a clean room, eat cookies, drink hot cocoa, read Sherlock Holmes, and maybe paint a little something kind of a night.

OH.MY.GOODNESS. Tonight was my last time giving Glee a chance because I didn't have any more patience for it. And then Arty got up out of his chair and sung the Safety Dance and I died of high school nostalgia.

2 comments:

  1. Alton would be so proud, Beff.

    Also, I think volunteering to help that student is SUCH a good idea. I'm proud of you. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete