Wednesday, May 19, 2010

homemade

I had long ago discovered the joys of homemade hot cocoa. But today I made a couple of changes to my original recipe of cocoa powder, milk, sugar, and vanilla. I added a little bit of coffee and a pinch of salt to my mix and let it sit and sieve in my french press. After I poured my mixture into my mug, I put some warm milk in my french press, pumped it into a foam, and poured that one top. For a finishing touch, I shook on a little cinnamon.
After that, Kayla and I skyped. She's growing a husband and a pterodactyl in a thing of water.

Also, I'd like to make this

4 comments:

  1. Your creativity is to be rivaled. I was just thinking about what you bring to Indiana every year, when you come for school. You're like that bit of cinnamon on top. And I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can only make that dress if you promise to wear it everyday after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, you're the flyest person i've ever known.
    kthxbye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many great things about the top photo.
    1. The drink looks amazing. You need to come to our lodge next year and make this please.
    2. I feel like I'm getting a small glimpse into your home life through this picture. I can't explain it, but I like it.
    3. You are drinking out of a Luke's Diner mug. I'm so glad to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete