Thursday, May 6, 2010

o and p

My day started twice today. So yesterday evening I was tired, right? Yeah. People get tired. So I'm thinkin': nap. I announce to the general living room, "I'm taking a nap. Don't let me sleep too long" and I stumble into my bed. I dream and snuggle my nose into my pillow untiiillll- BAM. It's dark. ... it's dark and it's... quiet. Oh no. It's dark and quiet. That means one of three things in my house: The rapture happened... at night. My family was murdered... at night. Or it was the middle of... the night. I groaned, rolled out of bed, brail-walked my way downstairs... flipped the light on... 4 am. I went back to sleep, didn't wake up to my silenced alarm, and that was how my day started twice.

Now that I have more to do in my classes, I feel a lot less tired. I think I was making such an effort to stay intellectually engaged with the teacher, the classroom, the strategies... that I plum tuckered myself out. I've definitely learned from observing different age groups, ability levels, subjects within English, and even different teachers. It's been beneficial.

Least favorite part: wearing professional clothing.
Favorite part: understanding why a teacher is doing what they are doing and seeing a group of students react positively.

I am attempting to go above and beyond the credit requirements. I have been grading papers, using prep periods to postulate and reflect, leading reading activities, taking notes on teacher/student interactions and the flow of the classes... I will be teaching for two days next week in creative writing and today I attended the faculty meeting. There is one thing that I have failed to do properly: my O&P journals. Day 1 and 2 it was late, day 3 I forgot! And now the next one is due in 15 minutes. Ah!

3 comments:

  1. ahh, the days of O and P. Keep on enjoying it :) And go to bed early, you deserve it..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up with those journals! There's not a lot of other work in this course to boost your grade. Sounds to me like you're going to be a great teacher tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting involved, B-money. I've been learning more disciplinary techniques and rapport building than anything. Suppose Methods will help with the actual Domain I part. :P Keep up the good work, dear. Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete