Friday, May 7, 2010

snackage

First, let me set my scene. The warm, foldy curtain is apathetically attempting to shade my room, but light pushes past onto my corner of the bed. So here I'll bathe, a little cat-like. There are paper rings hanging from the ceiling like stalag-somethings, adding reds and purples and blues and whites to the blue/brown room. There is a giant painting of a cartoon owl staring at me with uneven, always-surprised owl eyes.

Snack time. It's a platter, so pick and choose as you may.
  • Read this poem about reading poetry: Click Me.
  • I always mix up The Black Eyed Peas and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not that there's a lot of occasion... to do so...
  • I've discovered an odd fondness for the song Don't Rain on My Parade when it guest-starred on an episode of Glee. I'm not a huge fan of Glee, but What's-Her-Face's performance was cra-zazy.
  • Demetri Martin is a literal genius. Not like, "ohemgee, he's the shiz, what a funny funny guyyyy" but like, "If he put his mind to it, he could take over the world." I'd like him to become a Christian, please.
  • Strawberries are really, really delicious. Eating a strawberry is a delightful experience.
  • I'm sitting in on a high school ESL class right now... and I'm back in California... so... can I just say this? Can I just say this without sounding bizarre? I really, really love asians. I just love them.
  • There is a girl in one of my classes that people find annoying. She's a blurter. Do you know what I mean by that? She blurts. Most people don't like a blurter. Someone asked me if I liked this girl, and I didn't answer, but she said "You do. You like her. How can you like her?" And you know what I was thinking? Yeah, I like her. But more than that, I love her. I had an opportunity to explain the whole God's love thing, but I didn't. These were Christian school kids. And I had a feeling that it wouldn't have settled. Or would it have?
  • See picture below.

3 comments:

  1. "On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—-God is our witness. We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else.

    As apostles of Christ we could have been a burden to you, but we were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. (1 Thess. 2:4-8)

    To be so brave is only by the enabling of the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second Nick.
    SO INTERACTIVE!
    i clicked them all.
    and the face in hole literally made me die laughing.

    ReplyDelete