Tuesday, February 22, 2011

best on duty night

Probably LITERALLY the best. Just saying.

I was a couple minutes late into the lobby because I was finishing up a coffee date - "Dang" I thought, "Bad start to a long night..." But, besides a metaphorical hiccup or two, the night has been a metaphorical breath of fresh air.

I wrote some encouragement notes and made a to-do list. Both enjoyable :) Whilst these things were accomplished, I talked to Ashley and Bethany Livengood. They are a beautiful example of the deliciousness that comes out of an E3W/E3E mixture. Something amusing: Ashley LOVES talent shows (tay-lent shows, if you're from Michigan). She just found out about the NoSo Tay-lent Show, and she's already started to recruit people. Will they perform Annie? Will they sing a Chipmunks song? Who knows. But allll possibilities lead to great things. I'm excited.

I had the longest, bestest round I've ever experienced ever ever. I asked people their stress levels on a scale of 1 to 10, then I asked for ideas of things to bring around to relieve stress. The results: fruit, trail mix, gum, bubble wrap, chocolate, sugar, and brownies.

Some fun conversations happened -- I was thankful that people stopped their studying and even pulled out their headphones for me. Eastside girls are probs my favorite. I witnessed the natural kindness of Miss Rachel Carmichael, the truly admirable perspectives of Chelsea Layman, and the beautiful growth and maturity of one Shannon Pedigo.

Little notes: Paige and I have the funniest "read my blog" connection, Devon is apparently a Jedi tonight, Emily is the hardest worker, Lindsay is one of the most naturally amusing conversationalists (I know... weird compliment. But for real.), Rachel's quiet determination is estimable, Lauren is soo encouraging, and I'm now planning on picking up Carrie from the airport and touring her around San Francisco over the summer!

Technically, my lack of stressful homework is chance... but I thank God for it.

2 comments:

  1. I literally love reading this blog. And I love talking to you as well. And you better know that this NoSo talent show is going to be so great, wether its with the chipmunks, annie, or the Gorillas of Rwanda. It will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didnt you post a link to my blog when you talked about it??? haha jk I forgive you :)

    ReplyDelete