Thursday, February 3, 2011

what yesterdays SNOW DAY was like

We make pamcakes. Chocolate all up ons them.

We put on shirts. And more shirts. And sweaters. And jackets. We coat our layers with footy pajamas. We fit our footied feet with boots -- something akin to round-pegging-a-square-hole.

We crunch through thousands of layers of cold. Sometimes we stay atop the ice, but we act like we're walking on water. It takes dozens of pictures and bruised knees to get to the retention pond.

We walk on water. We make snow angels on water. A couple times in the middle, a boot goes through and everyone freezes. We eat celebratory snow at the other side of the pond, then recklessly run and slide all the way back across. We scream our war whoops -- victors of the pond. [It was the dot over the "i" in a little "blip" of history... but nothing has ever felt so epic.]

We reward ourselves in McConn. Order the impromptu drink of the day: "Snowpocalypse." Laugh in our carpe diem.

The "we" disintegrates and I spend some quality time with God. I think human nature has given me knowledge, but left me devoid of wisdom. I'm so engrossed with understanding now that I lack perspective. Human nature has made me an amnesiac. I daily forget God's bigness and his bestness. As Anna would say, there is nothing as comforting as curling up in God's shirt pocket and hearing His heart beat.

Anne and I dine with many E3Westers. Ashley, Shannon, Chelsea, Rachelle, Mary Beth, Libby, Jess. In Baldwin, there is (naturally) a chair with a slab of meat on it. As the RA, I napkin that sucker and remove it while the girls (hardcore lodgeball champs and nursing majors) gag.

Anne and I have a 2 on 4 with Ashley ("Red"), Rachelle, Shannon, and Jess. I am always fascinated when I talk to these chicks. I don't want to force my friendship on them... but I love them. And I want to be closer every time we interact. So when they start to open up or when they just want to chill, I get giddy. :D

Anna interviews me. We realize she knows pretty much everything already. Anne, Mike, Kayla, and I play Hand and Foot. Ashley solves all our problems because she's a canasta-playing genius. I fall asleep reading Pride and Prejudice.

Be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment