Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Bentie"

Teaser: My friends here call me Bentie. It's my "Shelty name." :)

Today I woke up quite late for the last time in order to take a little walkie talkie with Katrina Swanson. Katch. Swannish. Whatever you want to call her. She's legitimately one of the best conversationalists. And she's smart as heck, too. I want to steal all of the things she knows. Or get them on a flash drive. Something. Especially because then I would have cooking knowledge. I mean, poli sci, debate, literature, research, music -- that's all good. But if I can eat well... shoot. I'm so glad we're friends. We'll walk more over the summer.

But wait. There's more. So I go to Shelty's house and Kim, Matt, and Chrispy are there! Well... I drove Chrisper there. No surprises. But still. Shelty made tacos and a cake that simply says "Bentie" on it. Love at first bite. We played bananagrams, Hand & Foot, and psychiatrist. In the latter, we answered as the 4 fingers, 4 flavors (spicy, sour, bitter, sweet), 4 themes from high school spirit week, and the 4 suits in a deck of cards. We ate tacos, cake, and peanut butter cups and drank tea. What a happy, happy time.

Afterwards there was the traditional lounge and talk session, where we discussed relationships, homecoming memories, love languages, plans for the future, and college. Shelty gave me a journal she made for my birthday!! Perfect perfect.

I don't get excited about birthday things until I'm on the cusp of my birthday. Then it hits me. Tomorrow I'm 21! That sounds like fun. I wonder if I'll get hyper and annoy people sitting next to me on the plane... time will tell.

Tomorrow I have a sushi date with my dad. Very much looking forward to that. A little sad about leaving my family so soon... which means I'm growing up ;) So excited to see IWU friends though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment