Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On my sleeve

A lot of people "wear their feelings on their sleeves." They feel deeply and can't help but allow it to seep out of their pores and drip off their fingertips. I have been told I am a very expressive person, but sometimes I think I'm a little bit different. Many think what they feel -- I do... to a point.

Mostly, I feel what I think. I wear my thoughts on my sleeve. When I am thinking deeply, people know. Sometimes I give people the most intense looks and they think I want to knife them in their sleep. No, I'm just weaving.

I twist a thread of class, a thread of relationship, a thread of emotion or opinion -- I weave together my thoughts and make connections. Imaginary conversations, introspection, reflection: it's a pass-time that tends to render my face useless. Don't mind "screen saver mode." I'm only weaving.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely feel this was "directed" at me... Oh well.... :)

    ReplyDelete