Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Woke up- wish I was in bed-

with an achin' in my head. I lay motionless in bed."

One day, when I'm old, I'll fully value breakfast in all it's early-birded goodness. For now, I've been learning to tolerate it -- an improvement! I celebrated my success at 9 this morning. North Hall alumn, Kayla, and myself went to J & L. Which, I'm pretty sure, stands for "Jimmy-rig" and "Legit." As in, "I can Jimmy-rig these pamcakes so they're RULL cheap and Legit all at the same time. We got to sit at the biggest table they has there, but even then we were split into two groups. Despite the minorest of setbacks - splitting into two groups / second hand smoking / 9 am - it was a good start to the day.

Did I take a nap later? Yes. Did I mean to sleep from 3 to 4:30? No. Do I regret that decision? Never.

And now, a brief interview with myself:

Did you go to small group today at Bethany and Michael's B & B? Well, yes I did.
Is their dog a creature? Yes, yes it is. I call her "Junipig."
Will you run their B & B one day? Haha, only time will tell, Bethany. But I wouldn't mind it! Wink.
Did you get an opportunity to feel like a track mom today? All I can say is that one of the best up-and-coming runners at all of IWU happens to live in MY unit. Pretty sure Courtney placed 5th in the first heat of the 3200. My heart was pounding. I started talking to other track moms. I couldn't help myself.
Will you ever again watch a whole movie curled up in your chair like a hamster? Never. I may be a permanent hunchback. Or a permanent complainer. I'm up for anything. Go for it -- remove my spine with a rusty can opener. I'll take it.
Are you a friend failure? I'm actually climbing the ladder in Friendland right now. I called Spencer and Nick on the PHONE!
Did you enjoy the opera today? Always. I brought the opera "glasses" I made as a joke my freshman year. Nothing classier than fake specs made out of aluminum, a pencil, a toilet paper role, and scotch tape.
Good? Night.

5 comments:

  1. i second, legs.

    you WILL love breakfast and waking up for the day...all in due time.
    it's a legit hobby of mine these days (i can't stop saying the words "these days" lately).

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the weepies:

    I always thought it said
    "woke up. wish that i was dead, with an aching in my head. i lay motionless and dead."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does. But I didn't wish I was dead. So... EDIIIIT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i didn't know i was actually right on the lyrics.. just went with it most days. I wouldn't want you to wish you were dead either :)

    ReplyDelete