Thursday, July 1, 2010

impromptu "psalm"

i was living this life on the sidelines.
i could get out.
others had gotten out, but hey --
i'm doomed.

bam, You opened my eyes.
and i realized you were so close to me --
creepy close. but not creepy. beautifully close. beautifully.
and i look down and there are Your arms around me.
all this time? You've been here all this time?
i'm yours? i've always been Yours?

You opened my eyes.
You, You, You, You, You.
i blink, but they always open again.
i asked, doubtfully. i asked, hopefully. i asked, fervently. i asked, desperately. i asked, humbly -
and it wasn't until the last time that i heard it clearly.
and then i realized... You had said, yes. yes. yes. yes. ... yes.
all that time?
You opened my eyes!

i'm saved! You LOVE me! praise the Lord! praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here crying, I remember just how much I love you and how much you have effected my life. Miss you Bethy

    ReplyDelete