Monday, July 12, 2010

haircut

I taught Sunday School this morning. I knew Jeanette was autistic, but the parents of another child didn't tell me he was autistic. They let me figure it out by myself. Like a game. Even though the kids were 4-8 (kind of a weird age range), it was fun. It's one of those things that you don't really look forward to, but you muster the energy and it ends up being worth it.

I've been meticulously hemming a top I got from H&M. I'm 1/3 of the way through. It's not interesting, but it took up a piece of my day. So here the deed sits. On my blog.

Ben couldn't find the right pokey end thingy for the buzzer to shave his head, so I volunteered to cut his hair. It took some convincing. But as I convinced, I set up a sheet, a chair, a movie, some water, and scissors. Grant it (granted?), it was midnight... but we were both up and Ben wanted to watch You've Got Mail. It took a long time because, frankly, short hair is hard to cut and Ben was giving very vague opinions. You should see it in person, it's actually pretty legit.
I requested an after picture and this is what I got in my response to, "Look suave."


2 comments:

  1. ben wanted to watch "you've got mail"??????
    he just went up a good 30 points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm proud of you! :)
    you're wearing your class of 12 shirt. i really like your hair brown.

    ReplyDelete