Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Avatar: The Last Movie I Would Ever Watch Again

The potential in the movie was completely lost in the writing. So unfortunate, since I'd enjoyed the TV series so much. If only there had been less flailing and more bending... if only the important information hadn't been repeatedly crammed into my body like some awkward middle school chubby bunny game... if only the epic-ness could've sprung from the bending itself, instead of forced into lines that so desperately needed to form characters and create a little bit of humor. I would've walked out if Nick hadn't held me back and Matt wasn't blocking the way. I could've delivered my Haiti money to Cornerstone.

But you know what? I didn't go for the movie. I went for the friends. Such good friends, to forcibly contain me in a movie theatre, laugh with me during the dead-fish scene, and attempt to get me to come over afterwards. Nick, Shelty, Matt... you are gems. Thank you for not watching Persons Unknown without me.

Me and dad have been battling out each other on Jeopardy. Dad was into it, and then he pulled me into it, and now we're too far gone for anything but direct Jeopardy amputation. That won't be happening until I leave for Indiana, though.

1 comment:

  1. oh, totally agreed. movie = sucked. we had a huge group here go... the best part was laughing with friends at the horrible dialogue and picking it apart afterward.

    ReplyDelete