Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fix it

Today we talked a lot about God being in charge, love reigning supreme, and viewing others through that lens. In all truth, I'm absolutely exhausted. It's excellent that my friends are comfortable sharing what God has been teaching them, why they love one another, what songs they're learning on guitar, and how we should treat one another... it's great. However, I think that sometimes we have to wade through a lot of gunk before we get down to the heart of the issue - that God is in charge and our only "job" is to accept His love and allow Him to emulate through us.

Father, I give you all my gunk and all my problems and worries. I definitely give you all of my friends' gunk and problems and worries. Take the reigns, take the wheel, take the rudder - just take it. You're awesome. You're in charge. I'm just going to look to you. And if someone ever looks to me, I'm going to point to You. It's so much simpler that way. Thank You for Your bigness. In Christ's name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment