Sunday, July 11, 2010

Among other things, a mushroom lamp

The backyard camping ended with cocoa puffs and I went shopping with Christine and Jessica. Christine used her superhuman powers of perfectionism in order to help me tailor my clothes. She's cool that way. Jessica watched and sipped bubble tea. As is her way :) When I smell Panera bread, I think of those two.

Church tonight was on Malachi, and I definitely felt convicted. Writing things down is kind of a two sided coin. On one hand (side?), I'm able to write down quotes, application ideas, etc. On the other... I doodle. I have to keep my hands moving. I stopped when Shelty head-tilted at my scribbles that were covering the page.

Here are two poorly taken photos of my mushroom lamp. Please forgive their lack of aesthetic appeal. It's made out of a ceiling light fixture, an old candle holder, the innards of a solar light that you would normally put in your yard, and some glass spray paint. I need to put a light in the stump part. Visit me in my NHCE 3rd floor room next year and take a look at it for yourself. :) There'll be a plaque with my name and RA title. Legit.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I want a mushroom lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lamp--you did a great job! i appreciate the sherlock holmes books on your shelf. and i am going to LIVE in that very same room.

    ReplyDelete