Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm in California because I live here

Shara McClanahan is in California (SF) because she's in a wedding. She's an Iowan.
Emilie Schrock is in California (SJ) because she's internshipping. She's a Hoosier.

I picked up these two delightful ladies who go to IWU and we trekked out to Monterey, where we enjoyed the scenic 17 mile drive, tide pooling, seal-seeing, otter-watching, and big-house-gawking. All new experiences for the two of them, which was exciting to me :)

We were then spat out directly onto Carmel Beach. After some a-walkin' there, we got extremely lost in a nigh hopeless attempt to get to a tiny Mexican restaurant that Emilie had been taken to before. Needless to say, we found it, and I have a second meal waiting for me in the fridge right now.

After a quick Fro Yo stop for the fro-yo obsessed Emilie, everyone was dropped off at home. I think my legs might fall off. They're as numb as my dad's bee-stung "pointer toe."

Favorite conversation topics of the day: Emilie's "shabby cheek" wedding and the battle of materialism. What excellent people.

On that beautiful note, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment