Monday, July 19, 2010

provision

I put $21 in the offering (all I had with me) this morning and prayed that God would multiply it for my Haiti trip. If I wanted to pay the full amount, I needed $220. As soon as I climbed down from the balcony (I was operating powerpoint), Alex Dupree handed me a thank you card with a check for $350. God has provided! I gave Him all I had; I "tested" His faithfulness, and He gave me more than what I needed. Now I have some money to put back into my little broken piggy bank. :) The sermon, by the way, was Jesus feeding the 5000. Hellew.

On a smaller note, I taught mom and dad how to play nerts and spicey uno today. Dad got really into the former and he ended up smoking mom and me.

I watched Persons Unknown today. That's right. I did. I would give it a 6/10. We learned nothing new. The characters got to know stuff we were already in on. That's not a progressive episode. Silly writers.

1 comment: