Saturday, June 19, 2010

"and STOP!... the devil... from doing bad things?"

I had a realization today as I was tutoring Alex. Since I'm volunteering, I don't have to worry about taking up the full amount of time. Finished early? Great, I'll drop him off at his aunt's house. Why was I pressuring myself so much?

Nick came over today and we ate chickens, made iced tea, concocted brownies, talked deeply, and watched The Iron Giant. The chicken was delicious, the tea was addictive, the brownies were devoured by my dad, the talk was freeing/honest/relationship deepening, and the movie was inspiring... the bow on our package of a night.

When Nick and I first met, we honestly didn't have a lot in common on the surface. As we have gotten to know each other, we've realized how much odd stuff we both think and feel. I'm not saying we're twins or the exact same. In fact, for every thing we have in common, we have something that we differ on -- but that's us becoming our own individuals. It's great to see someone you love becoming fully who God meant them to be for his purpose, even if you can't witness the whole process. I value my creative and relatable friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment