Monday, June 28, 2010

yesterday and ma[i]l[e]

Yesterday. The power was out at Cornerstone so the big wake-up-early-on-Sunday-Haiti-prayer was canceled. The power was out at Barnes and Noble so my read-the-Bible-at-B&N-plan was canceled. Improvisation! I drove to Borders in San Ramon and did devos, then I bought Crazy Love. I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

Male. Nick Chavez. I hung out with him and his family. They are the digs. Not ONLY do they always treat me with delicious food and funny conversations, but since Kelly didn't show up today, Di cut my hair FO FREE. I now have shorter bangs, shorter hair, and browner short -- I'm a whole new head. :)


Mail. I got home today and saw that it CAME. It came/it came/it caaaaame! My passport arrived in the mail today. Do you know what this means? My God is a God who provides. I have been spared the test of waiting for it to arrive oh, so close to departure.

Tomorrow I will get some Haiti shots. That's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I am so glad that your passport arrived and God saved you from further stressful anticipation.
    2. Good luck on your shots, Bethy!!
    3. You look so good! It's all very different, but I like it and I think that you are cute however your hair is done. The bangs add a nice touch. What brought this brown-ness about? Whatever it was, me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like ur bangs.

    also francis chan is amazing. ive never read the book but he speaks at my chapel all the time. he's ridiculously enthusiastic and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete