Saturday, June 5, 2010

"hogarth?... might as well call him 'zeppo' or something"

We (Shelty/Matt/myself) had to do a little schedule re-arranging, since I had to watch Graham while my parents were at a seminar memorizing the Old Testament.

I cleaned like a mad hatter and took Graham on a preemptive ride. Here follows the lonnnng journey towards watching a movie:
-We couldn't watch Sabrina because Matt remembered it and "She's the maid but something happens and she goes to Paris"... which means he doesn't like it.
-Nope on The African Queen; it was skipping and jumping and doing various things that's okay on a playground but not so great in a VCR (chyeah, it was a VHS. They still exist. Bizarre, right? RIGHT?)
-TORA TORA TORA, as far as I could remember, is a good movie -- but we weren't in a foreign language "mood"
-Blockbuster put Matt on hold... then Blockbuster put Chelsea on hold... so they went to Blockbuster... and Blockbuster didn't have anything

THEN (phew) we watched The Iron Giant. One of my personal favorites. I would highly recommend this movie if you're in an animated mood. The dialogue, music, direction, animation... all superb. The history and wit behind it... AH! I could go on. I want to be friends with Hogarth Hughes. We ate homemade [not]Reeses peanut butter cups while we watched.

Ordered Top Thai. Ate red chicken curry.

Played hearts. Matt won. But then he left with Shelty and didn't close his facebook, so I got to change his status. It's the simple things in life, you know? Name that movie... that I'm thinking of...

We didn't get to do family church, but we still had family times. I think I'll try my Alice in Wonderland tea and finish The Sign of the Four (I'm reading the Sherlock Holmes books in chronological order... the ones I haven't read already, at least)

Dad and I have been getting rid of the oreos. Note how he cheats in our little game.
PS- I changed the settings so you don't have to type in things before you post a comment. I trust you. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

2 comments: