Thursday, June 10, 2010

a SUPER post via Castro Valley woman

When my dad wakes me up when he's in "cleaning mode," he's literally the most friendly and excited I've ever seen him. His benevolence is riiight below the mood he's in when he wakes me up on my birthday.

He told me he was having Ben take everything out of the garage, organize it, and put it back. Since my grandparents were coming, the garage apparently needed to be spotless. He asked me to do the same with the linen closet, the fridge, the kitchen cabinets, and Graham's room. I asked him if he wanted me to uproot and rearrange the trees in the backyard... but for some reason he declined.

Spencer forced me to join Google Wave. I miss Spinner a lot. Shelty, Matt, and I all agreed.

After my day of cleaning, Shelty, Matt, and I went to an A's game. We spent a lot of time laughing and watching the A's lose miserably. Poor A's. We took a picture with Stomper (aka Thumper) the Elephant and I won at the "keep track of the thing under the hat" game. Know what Matt and I decided was really funny? The fact that 30 Seconds to Mars by The Kings and the Queens make fuzzy, big-eyed owls look "fly through fire and wear ancient armor" EPIC. Hahaha

Know what I think is interesting? When reporters identify victims by their city of residence. I mean, it makes sense, to some degree. But when I hear, "The Palo Alto man was found dead in the mall parking lot..." I think of a super hero: Palo Alto man! He has superhuman strength but a slight handicap when in parking garages!

1 comment: