Tuesday, June 15, 2010

utterly confident

Today started too slow because yesterday took far too long to end. But it doesn't matter how it started. It matters how it turned out.

I went to my first informational Haiti seminar today. They told me all sorts of things about the culture, the history, and other contextual things. I got more excited as the seminar progressed.
-Creole (or Kreyol) is a language reminiscent of French! I know some French!
-I took an entire semester of Colonial Latin America. Since it is more common for countries south of the border to view their history in a cyclical way, it's helpful to know their past for my perspective
-The missions director, Chris, asked us to examine our reasoning behind going to Haiti and I can honestly say that I'm so excited to love and serve. I'm completely there on God's behalf. The Holy Spirit is going to work-- I don't know how and I don't know when, but the Spirit will work. :)

The funny thing is that I don't have any expectations about what is specifically going to happen. I'm not emotionally high and I'm not overly excited. I'm just so confident in God and looking forward to giving myself wholly for whatever His purpose is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Please keep me updated on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS, but also SO EXCITED for your Haiti adventure! I know God is going to do great things through you! Keep the focus of loving and serving and God will take care of the rest.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete