Wednesday, June 9, 2010

it's not red... it's lightish pink!

Christine and I went to Great America, better known to college students as Munchkin Land (Congrats, Middle School classes of 2010, by the way -- you're basically there!) . The highlights of the day were threefold:
1. Riding Top Gun (re-named Flight Deck -- thanks a lot for dumping your theme park, Paramount) twice in a row because NOBODY or their mother wants the second row. Shoot, I'll take it.
2. Sliding back and forth between seats on the river rapids ride to avoid the splooshes of water. I like to think it helped. My pants may have disagreed.
3. A theological talk on some plastic lawn chairs at Boomarang Bay whilst the very Australian song Forever (via Chris Brown) played over the faux bamboo speakers.

The title of my blog is actually from an online series about Halo, not gunna lie. But here, I'm not referencing virtual armor... but rather... well, my face. I "pish-poshed" the concept of sunscreen earlier today. Now I've got a $1 bet against Matt that I won't peel. I dissected an aloe plant as soon as I got home and smothered it on my face. I'm totally not giving up that dollar.

Finale of the day. Watching Seven Years in Tibet with Shelty and Matt and eating homemade chocolate peanut butter cups. We laughed through the slowish parts and fell in love with the Dalai Lama. The music box that played Debussy's Clair de Lune? Mmm, yes. I just love Shelty and Matt.

I'm cherry-topping my night with Glee. Goodnight, world.

2 comments: