Tuesday, June 8, 2010

driving

I drove to Lafayette to babysit a set of 2 year old twins for several hours. It took a little bit of ingenuity to keep them quiet and out of the way of daddy.
-We collected leaves, identified their colors, and then threw them into the air. A lot.
-We sword faught (sword fighted?) with sticks and then stuck leaves on the ends of the sticks. I'm not quite sure why.
-The twins closed their eyes and I threw balls around the yard. They would open their eyes and "find" the balls. It was kind of like a cutesy version of fetch.
-The rest of the day involved a lot of manual labor on my part -- a lot of pushing. Pushing the kids swings, the wagon, the tricycle..

I then picked up Graham at school in Santa Clara and drove him home.

My tiny nap was interrupted by a woman calling to confirm my Haiti trip. It all of a sudden became real. The words that I had written an hour before, "I trust You with all this money stuff" suddenly had substance. Yeesh.

I then drove down to Morgan Hill and witnessed a Guinness Book of World records amount of accidents. I'm pretty sure I got gray hairs on the way down. But it was all worth it. I got to visit the sweet and sunburnt Emilie Shrock on her 21st birthday. We had sushi, fro yo, and talked about California. She is a literal doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment